We are now open! As of Monday 17th May 2021 we are reopen with upto 6 people per table or 2 households of any size.
– Face coverings must be worn at all times when you are not seated.
Please wear your face covering when entering the building, using the bathrooms and leaving.
Full table service only.
Please ring us on 01706378456 if you would like to book a table for a party of 5 or more. If there are less than 5 of you dining there is no need to book! However given the current situation, if you feel more comfortable booking, please just ring us. Come up anytime during the below hours and we will show you to a table.
We serve food from 12-2pm and 5.30-8.30pm Monday- Thursday;
12-2 and 5.30-9pm Friday and Saturday and 12pm-8.30pm on Sundays.
Please note, we cannot save specific tables or areas; table allocations depend on the number of people dining and current social distancing measures.
We have measures in place to ensure all of our customers and staff remain safe. These include:
- Hand sanitising stations.
- Seating arrangements to ensure a safe distance is kept between customers.
- Table service only – you will be shown to your table and must remain there, staff will take all food and drinks orders, and bring them to your table. You will not be allowed to sit at the bar.
- We will require details (name, phone number and number of guests) of members of your group to fulfil track and trace requirements as you enter the restaurant.
This is a new way of operating for all of us, so please be patient and we will do all we can to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe time whilst dining with us.
The White House stands like a land mark high on the Pennine hills, with panoramic views of the surrounding moors and Hollingworth Lake far below.
The old coaching house dates from 1671 and is situated 1,300 feet above sea level. The Coach and Horses (the original name) is where “the young bloods of Littleborough having guarded the mail coach from highway men would seek recompense for their labours with vigorous applications to strong liquors”The famous Pennine way passes this hostelry which is featured in the Good Pub Guide and CAMRA good beer guide.
Private Parties Welcome
Children welcome until 9pm
Serving Theakston’s bitter plus other guest beers
Bottled lagers from around the world
Guide dogs only